Saturday, August 13, 2011

Right now I am not interested in men: Anushka Sharma


Right now I am not interested in men: Anushka SharmaPost Band Baaja Baaraat, Anushka Sharma has become every man's fantasy; so much so that the 23-year-old was recently chosen as the cover girl for international men's magazine Maxim. The actor chats up Sreya Basu in Mumbai

What's your definition of being sexy?
I think being sexy is a state of mind. Especially for a woman, it's the way you feel; how confident you feel in your skin. Once that confidence is established within you, it's done. 

What men feel sexy about you might be because you are confident and have a strong personality. Being sexy is not about skin, figure and all that…according to me at least. May be I am wrong, men would know better. 

Do you think you are sexy?
I don't think that's something I can comment on. (Smiles) 

Now-a-days most of the covers you shoot are very sensuous. For example, the one you shot for Maxim. What do you have to say about that?
I don't know what to say. (Pauses). As for the Maxim one, it was a very confidently shot sensuous cover. It's not something outrageous…that's not how I want to pose myself. It was a good photoshoot and a well- turned out cover. 

Unlike your contemporaries, we hardly see you in revealing clothes (except the bikini act in Badmaash Company). Comment.
If experimenting is only about clothes, then I will definitely not don a bikini for any film. I don't think clothes are such a huge part of films; it's not modelling where clothes define the whole presentation.

In films, clothes are a part of character-building and if I am playing certain character that needs to wear certain kinds of garments, then I would.

I don't like to believe that clothes decide the fate of my films. I take my job very seriously, that is, acting.

For me, anything that helps me build my character, be it make up, hair, styling, I would take that step and make sure that I am portraying my character convincingly.

I have done a film like Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, and one Badmaash Company and also a film like Band Baaja Baaraat. I don't take clothes as a medium of presenting myself to people. It's really the roles I try to essay that matters. 

So that's the reason you refused to wear a bikini in your upcoming film Ladies vs Ricky Bahl (opposite Ranveer Singh)?
As I said…it (wearing bikini) was not important for my character in the film.

What do you think about the growing friendship between Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha?
You should ask Ranveer Singh on his friendship with Sonakshi Sinha. I can't comment on their friendship.

Are you single?
Absolutely. Right now I am not interested in men. In fact, I am not interested in finding one for myself. I would want the guy to come and find me. 

What qualities are you looking in a man?
I would like my man to be very self-assured, very confident and he should be able to handle the success of his partner, that means, me..

He should be very supporting and I will be supporting to him as well. It's a give-and-take relationship…what I expect out of him, I will provide him as well.

This is the most important thing in a man-woman relationship. Right now, I have not got any guy and at the moment, I am not even expecting someone in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment